Comet Neowise from Jersey.

Apologies for yet another Neowise image, but I was really pleased to finally see this beautiful comet. I was running out of time, as it's only just above the trees from my location!

The comet may be fading now, but the blue ion jet is still very striking.

18 x 90s, ISO 800. 

Canon EOS 550D with Canon 70-300mm IS USM lens, 100mm at f4. Piggy-backed on my SCT.

Neowise.jpg

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, wxsatuser said:

No need to apologise as that's a smashing image and every one can have a go.

Thank you! It seemed everyone had a go apart from me! 🙂

I actually found this image harder to process and get a decent result from than my "normal" deep sky images.

Tony.

That’s a cracker. Absolutely don’t  apologise. I’ve got a whole load of frames on my laptop waiting to be processed. I never seem to find the right moment to start. I know comets are difficult that’s why. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

That’s a cracker. Absolutely don’t  apologise. I’ve got a whole load of frames on my laptop waiting to be processed. I never seem to find the right moment to start. I know comets are difficult that’s why. 

Thanks Ouroborus!

Good luck with your processing, it definitely is a rainy day job. After failing miserably with DeepSkyStacker, I ended up stacking manually in Photoshop!

Tony.