NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher 130p / 150p Focuser

Over the next couple of months I’ll be in the market for a new beginner telescope.

As a beginner the Skywatcher 130p/ 150p ticks a lot of boxes for me. The mount is something that I still need to decide on.

The one question and concern that I have about both of these telescopes is the basic focuser and how good/bad is it. I would appreciate any comments and opinions to do with this subject.

Niko....

43 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

I think I'd ask if there's any intention to image with your next telescope?

May be at some stage  but but can’t afford to do it properly at the moment other than messing with my mobile  with my spotting scope and the moon. I’ve already read the only way you can focus a DSLR is using a Barlow. 

Moon1gp.thumb.jpeg.a3648aff44c3a42b365272c56cf8576e.jpegMoon1rv.thumb.jpeg.dda1a825c295acde65c908e5104ae4a9.jpeg

• Like 2

That was why I asked as the 130p f5 doesn't reach focus with a dslr (through I'm unsure if this is true for a mirrorless dslr). The 130pds flavour does though in reverse with some eyepieces you then need to use an extension tube.

26 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

That was why I asked as the 130p f5 doesn't reach focus with a dslr (through I'm unsure if this is true for a mirrorless dslr). The 130pds flavour does though in reverse with some eyepieces you then need to use an extension tube.

Not sure if the PDS scopes are a step to far for now...