Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ZWO ASiair Pro range

Good morning everyone,

I am looking into purchasing a ZWO camera within the coming weeks, and as a result of my telescope vantage point being approx 20meters up the garden WIFI seems to be the smartest move.

ZWO have created the ASiair Pro, which on paper looks amazing, but no one seems to talk about its WIFI range... so any users out there use it at 20meters?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Clear Skies

Rich

Well 20 m is a bit far for a stable wifi.   When im 6 a 7 meters away i notice the previewspeed is getting very low.   I dont know what your plans are but as soon as you’ve started an imaging session, you can turn your phone off.  The device is programmed and works without the need of a continuous Connection 

Edited by Robindonne

Although a fantastic bit of hardware and software, the WiFi range of my ASIair Pro is poor, 3-5m maybe for a good, stable connection using 2.4GHz station mode. I've seen that some are adding a separate WiFi extender to improve on this.