Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

This will sound weird but....

EA2007

A few weeks ago I was just out in the garden and was looking at all the available constellations and when observing Ursa Major, I was thinking "megrez looks faint".Now, I have been looking at Ursa Major for years and have always thought that the 7 main stars that make up 'the plough' are all reasonably the same brightness....I know this seems weird, but I have never really noticed that it was so much fainter.......especially given that I have just seen Lady Isabelle's widefield image in the 'imaging' section and again it appears faint.Quite strange.

It might just need cleaning. Bit of a rub down with an oily cloth and it will probably be fine.

No, not an oily cloth - it might damage the coating. Use 100% cotton wool and gently wipe from the middle to the edge and rinse wih distilled water... :hello2:

Archived