NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Can anyone do some alu machining for me? SORTED

CraigT82

I'm looking to see if anyone can do some machining for me, paid of course. I need  a pair of aluminium radius blocks to enable the attachement of tube rings to a dovetail... something along the lines of the ADM ones in the pic below. 

Dimensions would be roughly 75mm long by 25mm wide and about 10mm high. Radius of curve to be 125mm. Drilled for two bolts per block.

If you would be ably to do this for less than the £50+ that it'd cost for the ADM ones please let me know!

Many thanks

Craig 

ADMACCESSORIES_RB-C8.jpg

Edited by CraigT82

Agree with Robindonne Craig- I just sketched a rough model as per your dims and cost for 2 in printed nylon on fast 2day turnaround would be £14 from the printers I use. Are you sure the dims are right as it looks a bit different to your image. This SLS nylon is pretty tough stuff.

Mark

8C94708D-D622-48A1-A959-AE180931765C.jpeg

10CE3C69-FB19-46AB-A9C0-B6ACA5EE3CFB.jpeg

Hi Robindonne and Mark, thanks for the replies. The 3D printed blocks seem very quick and cheap, something to consider.  I'm slightly concerned about the strength of the nylon for scope mounting components, it is a big heavy scope! 

7 hours ago, markse68 said:

Agree with Robindonne Craig- I just sketched a rough model as per your dims and cost for 2 in printed nylon on fast 2day turnaround would be £14 from the printers I use. Are you sure the dims are right as it looks a bit different to your image. This SLS nylon is pretty tough stuff.

Mark

8C94708D-D622-48A1-A959-AE180931765C.jpeg

10CE3C69-FB19-46AB-A9C0-B6ACA5EE3CFB.jpeg

Thanks for sketching that out Mark! Much appreciated. sorry the dimensions are a bit of a guess, I need to go out and measure the width of the dovetail and the tube rings (pic is just random one from google)