Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Western Veil (Witches Broom) - Short Session

Here's the result of a VERY short session on the Western Veil from a couple of week's ago when the night's were even shorter.

I only managed about a 1/2 hour each of Ha and OIII (15 x 120" subs on each filter). Maybe a few more on the Ha. I only just got around to processing it and may have rushed it a bit.

Criticism and comments are welcome. It's probably too saturated for some people's taste but hey ho.

S/W 150 PDS and ASI1600MM on EQ6RPro.

Thanks for looking.

Steve

NBRGBCombination1_2.thumb.jpg.d96afe20337148a68f49185343371f89.jpg

Edited by daemon
Pressed enter by mistake!
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, MarkAR said:

Half hour ! That's a great image for such a short time. Loving the purple/ copper combo.

Cheers Mark! Well, half hour each filter - maybe an extra 10 mins on the Ha. Can't recall the subs I ended up stacking! 😜

I'm in Bortle 5, probably trending 4 though so sky was pretty good. The NB filters obviously help.

Glad you like the colours - I'm usually not very good with them!

Hi

Even though i don't understand mono-with-colour stuff, a lovely image.

is this taken from Spain? If not, it maybe worth revisiting; we have over 5 hours of darkness ATM. You could make it truly pop:)

Cheers

Edited by alacant
  • Thanks 1

On 18/07/2020 at 13:18, alacant said:

Hi

Even though i don't understand mono-with-colour stuff, a lovely image.

is this taken from Spain? If not, it maybe worth revisiting; we have over 5 hours of darkness ATM. You could make it truly pop:)

Cheers

Thanks Alacant!

No, this was taken from the UK. Hopefully though I will be heading to Spain next week for some time and will try again there.

Only issue there is I only have an ED80 in Spain so maybe a wider pic of the whole veil complex is in order. 😉

17 minutes ago, alacant said:

JTOL. Your 150 would fit into a flight case and go with you for the cost of another bag.

Are you a member of any groups over here?

Cheers

It's an idea. But the other half has already assigned me a load of items to get over there. And with my cameras/filter wheel etc. I've plenty to carry!

Not a member of any group yet. I'm based down near Malaga. Will have to see if there are any groups active at the moment. Hoping to be there a few months so you never know.

My sister also has a place in the northern countryside so hoping to get some Bortle 3'ish action there! 😉