Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M45 Pleiades

Darth Takahashi

Here is an image from Christmas 2008! Sound so long ago now! The sky open for a few days after Christmas and I managed to gather 2 hours of data to capture the nebulosity. The image was taken with my TOA130F at 7.7 with a standard Canon 1DMIII.

11647_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Hope you like it, Neil.

That's a good point Richie, I forgot to add that I used an Astronomic CLS filter. This helps to control local light pollution. Without it my sky glow limit is about 5-7mins depending upon the conditions. With it I'm able to get up to 15 - 20min subs. That makes a big difference to the final image quality.

I still hate doing darks, especially 15 / 20 min darks... but as we all know there mandatory!

Neil.

Yes always a cyan cast with the CLS - more pronounced taht That I get from My IDAS but it looks like My CLS-CCD EOS clip filters finaly arrived today...

I used CS3 Image -> Adjustments -> Channel Mixer

Next bit loads of different ways of doing it..

I selected the Ouput Channel to be RED

Set RED Slider 100% GREEN +88% and BLUE -16%

Thats how I did it...

Billy...

Archived