Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Trying a new prints supplier

Wyvernp

Afternoon all,

I guess this should go in the imaging topic as well... us imagers have lots to print!

Up until now I've used mypicture.co.uk for my prints but always wait for an email offer and have been pretty happy with the results but have had a few damaged during shipping which have all been replaced whenever I raised a case.

However I have put through an order with https://www.pixartprinting.co.uk/ as their prices seem a lot more reasonable without having to wait for discounts. It looks more geared towards commercial use, however this seems to allow a bit more flexibility in terms of choosing the dimensions of your print.

It's due to arrive on the 13th so I'll update this thread as and when i receive it. However I'd love to know if anyone has used this supplier before.

Wyvern

I probably would print my own but I tend to get my prints done on aluminium as they are nice and easy to wall mount without frames or excessive use of spray mount to get them to stick to a board.

Having a quick google of Baryta paper it looks like printing paper has come a long way since I last did any, would be good to see some of the results when you use it.

Not sure that a photo would show the effect, but I'll try. The prints look like traditional "glossy unglazed" silver halide prints from my darkroom days, and because they are FB Baryta they can be dry mounted using dry-mount tissue on conservation board using an iron on a cool setting.

I've been trying especially Permajet Royal Gloss And Brilliant Museum papers. Undecided which one I prefer.

Have you looked at White Wall and Peak Imaging for online printing?

I'll have a look at those, thanks!

I'm definitely interested to see how the one I ordered turns out. £47 for a 102x72cm dibond print is very cheap and if you want a whole wall I think they can go up to 3m wide.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! That's stunning.

I have had good results from DS Colour Labs printing on metallic paper (https://dscolourlabs.co.uk/category/132-fuji-pearl--kodak-metallic-papers-c-type). Quick response, variety of mounts available,, good quality, well packaged.

But only for my best pictures, so that has been a small number 😉

Hoping to do better this winter!

Thanks! The photo of it makes it look a bit washed out but it's fine in real life. Ooh I've not heard of metallic paper before. I believe these are printed directly onto the dibond sheet and then varnished.

3 minutes ago, old_eyes said:

Hoping to do better this winter!

Yes, me too. That's the nice thing about this hobby, makes me look forward to winter!

On 04/07/2020 at 18:31, Wyvernp said:

Afternoon all,

I guess this should go in the imaging topic as well... us imagers have lots to print!

Up until now I've used mypicture.co.uk for my prints but always wait for an email offer and have been pretty happy with the results but have had a few damaged during shipping which have all been replaced whenever I raised a case.

However I have put through an order with https://www.pixartprinting.co.uk/ as their prices seem a lot more reasonable without having to wait for discounts. It looks more geared towards commercial use, however this seems to allow a bit more flexibility in terms of choosing the dimensions of your print.

It's due to arrive on the 13th so I'll update this thread as and when i receive it. However I'd love to know if anyone has used this supplier before.

Wyvern

Wyvern,

I had a look at the pixartprinting website, but it all seemed to be centred on high volume promotional items. Which was the product you ordered for that splendid wall print?