Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M63 first

rodrigol

I've been trying to get M63 for a while but something goes wrong every time. Either the guiding goes wrong or focus goes totally wrong or I forget to set gain properly on the camera... Last week I managed  to get what you see below. 40 x 60s lights and calibration darks and flats with C11 Edge + 0.7 FR and ASI294MC Pro at gain 120. 

2020-07-02_11-38-58.thumb.jpg.35d185abea63836886a65ac5c4f4cc76.jpg

It's still quite noisy. I used NINA to capture and PI for processing. 

Comments most welcome! 

Edited by rodrigol
adjust size of image
  • Like 5

Not a bad result for just 60s lights.

Try to increase your exposure time if your guiding will take it! For this target and a similar setup to you, I used 240s with a DSLR and 300s exposures at unity gain with the ASI294MC Pro.

@Taman I'm becoming confident most of my guiding issues are getting resolved and can go to 300s without problems. The ASi294MC Pro is pretty good but need a little taming with long exposures. Autofocusing is the next challenge I'm dealing with but without clear skies ... 🤷‍♂️ 

Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1