Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Noctilucent cloud from Telford 30 June

Last night, just as I switched off the PC and was preparing for bed around 11.00 pm, I noticed that the sky was clear (unforecast!) and that there was a noctilucent cloud display.  Quickly attempted to set up my Canon 700 with its kit lens and snapped off a few shots at this, new-to-me, phenomenon, not really expecting to get very much.  

In truth most of the shots suffered from camera shake, out of focus, under or over exposure or a combination, but this one isn't quite as bad as the rest:

Did anybody else see this?

3839.thumb.jpg.94661ec24e27ea38af29eed467f081fe.jpg

• Like 2

Dam! Only the other day I said I have never see these clouds and now still haven't. I did look outside at around 23:30 but did not see them. Probably a case of seeing everything but observing nothing

• Like 1

Up here in North Yorkshire we seem to be getting an unfair amount of  NLLC    ( Nasty Lurking Low Cloud) at the moment.  

You have got the nice ripple effect in the electric blue. Well done.

• Like 1

Thanks both. 

In truth, although I had read about them in Sky at Night mag, I thought my northerly and north westerly horizons were too tree obstructed for them to be visible. 

Nice to find they aren't!

• Like 1