Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eqmod Query

barkis

I've been reading the Eqmod document, and boy, is it an in depth read or what 😅.
The heading for the Home position read has a bracketed expression that I don't understand.
Perhaps someone can explain what it means to me.
Thanks in anticipation.
Ron.

Technique 1 for setting the home position (from Mon) 
                             I just know I will have to kick myself when it is revealed. 😀

7 minutes ago, barkis said:

I've been reading the Eqmod document, and boy, is it an in depth read or what 😅.
The heading for the Home position read has a bracketed expression that I don't understand.
Perhaps someone can explain what it means to me.
Thanks in anticipation.
Ron.

Technique 1 for setting the home position (from Mon) 
                             I just know I will have to kick myself when it is revealed. 😀

I believe this refers to the EQDIR connection, Ron.  I think it is reference to the original Author (Mon Sarmiento) and the EQDIR interface he developed (although I could easily and usually am very wrong).

16 minutes ago, RayD said:

I believe this refers to the EQDIR connection, Ron.  I think it is reference to the original Author (Mon Sarmiento) and the EQDIR interface he developed (although I could easily and usually am very wrong).

Oh I'm sure you are right Ray, it makes sense to me. Obviously a tribute the man's contribution
to a great asset to mount control.  
Cheers matey for your fast response. I can  cease worrying about it now 😀.

4 minutes ago, barkis said:

Oh I'm sure you are right Ray, it makes sense to me. Obviously a tribute the man's contribution
to a great asset to mount control.  
Cheers matey for your fast response. I can  cease worrying about it now 😀.

No problem, Ron.  Good luck with the read, you're braver than me 🙂

1 hour ago, RayD said:

1 hour ago, RayD said:

I was an avid reader in my early teens and well beyond. I liked nothing better than  
visiting the local library. Endless shelves filled with books of all genres.
Time has changed that though, my concentration is not a patch on those early years, a
product of both the  aging process, and Google 😀.

10 hours ago, barkis said:

I was an avid reader in my early teens and well beyond. I liked nothing better than  
visiting the local library. Endless shelves filled with books of all genres.
Time has changed that though, my concentration is not a patch on those early years, a
product of both the  aging process, and Google 😀.

As much as I was never really a prolific reader, I did and do love a book occasionally but I still prefer print to screen, generally printing out manuals and instructions so I can read them in physical form.