Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HEQ5 PRO GOTOThread Size

Hi can anybody help please,the threaded spreader rod that secures the mount base to the tripod anyone know the size of the thread(the top thread ) as when its screwed into the bottom of the mount it tightens up  before it reaches the stop collar on the rod (dont want to force it) think it just needs a tap gently running down the mount base,looking at the internal thread in the mount it looks ok ,no obvious damage any help would be appreciated,  I picked this up used  and thats the only thing i need to sort out on it,looking forward to get backinto Astronomy thanks again

20200629_161742_edited-1.jpg

20200629_161742.jpg

Ha thanks for that will try a 10mm nut on the thread first,yes there is a washer but i wouldnt say it was thick probably about 1.5mm thick, underneath that is a spacer about 30mm long which is part of the threaded rod, and underneath that a fixed knob  with a grub screw in hpe that makes sense! many thanks for your help its appreciated.Cheers