NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DS18B20 Temperature Sensor Probe WaterProof Plugable Terminal Adapter Module in the UK?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DS18B20-Temperature-Sensor-Probe-WaterProof-Plugable-Terminal-Adapter-Module/401665092329

Would anyone have a lead to get these in t eh UK at all please?

The lead time is over 1 month from China... 

I can only see one but with the wrong gender connector- Im not sure it could be used... Could I convert the gender?

https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/DFRobot/KIT0021?qs=lqAf%2FiVYw9gxyZsxJBRMfA%3D%3D

Many thanks

Thanks guys it’s more the pcb/terminal block then the probes I’m concerned about.  the probes seem to be readily available

I’m hoping to build the solderless myfocuserpro2. 

i’m not scared of a soldering iron have done many microphone cables in my time. But just for convenience sake

So yes in essence I’m looking for the terminal block/pcb  really

Edited by 8324689

I use mine with "MyFocuserPro2"'s, both Robert's and my own PCB layout, & it does make it a lot easier having a plug\socket arrangement for both the temp sensor and stepper drives, so I only need to run both cables from the base of the mount (electronics) up to the OTA...

14 minutes ago, 8324689 said:

Thanks guys it’s more the pcb/terminal block then the probes I’m concerned about.  the probes seem to be readily available

I’m hoping to build the solderless myfocuserpro2.

i’m not scared of a soldering iron have done many microphone cables in my time. But just for convenience sake

So yes in essence I’m looking for the terminal block/pcb  really

So what you're effectively after is a three pin socket on the end of the sensor cable?  Or do you really need it with the terminal block as well?

James

Hi so I’m just following the shopping list that are in the pdf for solderless unit. 

the 1st link I sent on EBay is what they state is needed. 

perhaps you are saying I do not need the terminal block and solder directly in the main pcb myself?

i see there are components on the terminal block which I would of thought would of been  needed  

Thanks 

Edited by 8324689

2 hours ago, 8324689 said:

Hi so I’m just following the shopping list that are in the pdf for solderless unit.

the 1st link I sent on EBay is what they state is needed.

perhaps you are saying I do not need the terminal block and solder directly in the main pcb myself?

i see there are components on the terminal block which I would of thought would of been  needed

One of the components on the terminal block is probably just a resistor that could be placed on the PCB.  Not sure about the other, but it probably wouldn't be hard to find a workaround.

With the intended component, do you ignore the extra lead and just connect the three output pins of the terminal block board to your main PCB?

Another option is not to bother with temperature compensation at all.  I didn't use it.  I'll just have the imaging software force a refocus every hour or so.

James

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JamesF said:

One of the components on the terminal block is probably just a resistor that could be placed on the PCB.  Not sure about the other, but it probably wouldn't be hard to find a workaround.

With the intended component, do you ignore the extra lead and just connect the three output pins of the terminal block board to your main PCB?

Another option is not to bother with temperature compensation at all.  I didn't use it.  I'll just have the imaging software force a refocus every hour or so.

James

Excellent thanks for this that clears it up!

Cheers