Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rupes recta and Cassini/Vallis Alpes from 4th Jan 09

{CP}-Brooker

Hi

I managed to grab these two images using a Canon 450D at prime focus in a C8 Nexstar 8SE. Taken from my very chilly back garden in Nottingham. Shots taken between breaks in the clouds and as it was the first session of the year half of the scope movement was by hand as I had an empty powertank.

Single shots with no clean up. Any advice on how to improve much appreciated.

11550_normal.jpeg

I m really pleased with this straight wall/rupes recta image. Thebit has been likened to a diamond ring due to the crater/crater positioning. On the same theme you could say that rupes recta looks like a single rose with the lighting like this.

(click to enlarge)

11551_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Vallis Alpes is the valley structure cutting through the mountains. The Appolo 15 landing site is to the NorthNorthWest of the Cassini craters in this image towards the upper edge.

Cheers

CP

Very fine images all of them CP. The number of lunar images coming in, are testement to the popularity of this wonderful neighbour of ours. The quality of the images are such, that no one will ever tire of seeing them. Who could ever get bored from that ever changing landscape.

Ron. :thumbright:

Archived