NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Explore Scientific 92/100 or APM

1 hour ago, Stardaze said:

Fair enough. Just trying to understand how you use yours and why you've added a fan. Train of thought was that if you take it out a lot you'd probably want to cool it quickly to start. At home there's normally an hour to cool beforehand at this time of year. 

I think even if you have an hour cool down fan assisted gives better results than without, plus if observing is a quick decision, the fan gets reasonable cooling in a short time. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ricochet said:

I think even if you have an hour cool down fan assisted gives better results than without, plus if observing is a quick decision, the fan gets reasonable cooling in a short time. 

Interesting! I’ll have a read around about them and ask away in an appropriate thread 😀

9 hours ago, Ricochet said:

It appears there is a 2" hexafoc Clicklock available second hand on ABS: https://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/propview.php?view=162754

I've no connection or previous dealings with the seller. 

By the time I'd registered on ABS, I''d missed it 😂 But thanks for the heads up. I'll have to fork out for new next month..