NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

asi1600 mm-cool usb3 problem

Helen

I've been re-jigging the observatory and decided to put the asi1600 mono - cool on the FLT123, and the asi100 colour pro on the borg 71 for widefield.  I've set it up so that both cameras link into a usb3 hub on the mount, then via a Lindy active cable to the USB3 port on my new windows 10 computer.

It should be straightforward, but..... the colour works fine, the mono just keeps cutting out.  It shows in device manager, shows for opening in sharpcap and then disappears!  Unplugging and re-plugging brings it back up temporarily and then the same... switching the cables and removing hub doesn't help.  I plugged the end of the acive extension in to my laptop and both cameras work.  So I rolled back to the same asi driver on the pc, but the same....  It works plugged into the usb2 hub, but the whole point was to get faster frame rates for lunar...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Helen

1st off, & personally, I would never use an active extension....

Having said that, couple of thoughts,  have you tried a good quality (Cromo) short USB 3.0 lead (2 M max) direct to a USB 3.0 port on the computer, with no other devices plugged into the camera USB ports ? 

Also, in the driver, have you reduced the USB speed, to limit data download to PC ? 

10 hours ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

1st off, & personally, I would never use an active extension....

Having said that, couple of thoughts,  have you tried a good quality (Cromo) short USB 3.0 lead (2 M max) direct to a USB 3.0 port on the computer, with no other devices plugged into the camera USB ports ? 

Also, in the driver, have you reduced the USB speed, to limit data download to PC ? 

Thanks Julian 🙂  I took out the active cable and all seemed to work ok - why it worked on my laptop but not my desktop is baffling, but I'll settle for it now working!  So I've ordered a normal 3m extension (the test one was so short I risked garrotting myself!)

So now its cloudy......

Thanks again

Helen