Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Problem stacking in DSS

After finally getting out and capturing some half decent data I'm getting an unhelpful error message coming up right at the end of the stacking process:

untitled.thumb.PNG.82d1b99f98204649493ff4ee44173c2b.PNG

As you can see (click to enlarge) the error message is none too helpful! When I click on okay it goes to the stacked picture window but there is no picture there. I go back to the main window and click 'save picture file', but get the response 'no picture to save'.

Has anyone had the same problem or know how to find out what DSS doesn't like with my data?

I'm running the highest version I can on my XP operating system. 

Any help would be most appreciated. 

A little while since I saw this issue, but think it was using the 32 bit version of DSS and it was an indication DSS was running out of memory.  There was a work around that enabled it to use more of the available RAM (sorry, can't find a reference to that just now and it may have been for Win 7) but the long term solution was a 64 bit operating system and then to use the 64 bit version of DSS (presently using version 4.2.4 Beta, which seems pretty stable).

Another possible cause may have been attempting to use drizzle, discovered that this was definitely not worth doing with my data.  

@perdrix who is a member here is now the guru for DSS and can probably explain all in much more details and with much more authority!

Edited by almcl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1