Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

iPhone Moon - 31st May 2020

Had a nice relaxing time in the garden last night. I finally finished off a pallet seat for the garden which has taken me over 2.5 years to complete!  It was enough to lure Mrs Stu into the garden (it was a present for her 40th..... you can guess her age now!! 😱😱)

Anyhow, I popped the Telementor out nearby and had some cracking views using the Nag Zoom, mainly at x140. These shots were handheld at the eyepiece, using the x2 camera on the iPhone 11 Pro and the ProCam app. A bit of cropping and processing in PS Express and they look ok.

The last shot was just handheld on the phone, again using the x2 camera but with full digital zoom. Surprised how much detail shows up and how well the image stabilisation worked.

64ECC5EB-6362-4B79-AA0A-3FD3CBC1BD21.jpeg

933EFDC1-9766-4112-9A11-0E5CE1CE3F0A.jpeg

A9BAC3AC-2D57-4A79-A633-798E616AA027.jpeg

73853E03-21AF-4A74-8C4B-80DBE8D7B1C9.jpeg

• Like 5

I like the seating Stu! How do you raise and lower the height to keep your eye at the right level?

The Moon last night was cracking, wasn't it? I had my 180 Mak and little ED80 out, and the seeing was good enough (just) to see the Plato craterlets amongst other delights!

Let's hope the early summer continues a bit longer!

Chris

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, chiltonstar said:

I like the seating Stu! How do you raise and lower the height to keep your eye at the right level?

The Moon last night was cracking, wasn't it? I had my 180 Mak and little ED80 out, and the seeing was good enough (just) to see the Plato craterlets amongst other delights!

Let's hope the early summer continues a bit longer!

Chris

Tee hee. Via a precarious system of stacked cushions 😉

Yes, was very clear and amazing how much detail was visible in such a small scope. Didn’t manage a craterlet though 😉

Indeed, fingers crossed though it looks like it may tail off mid week.