Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hadley Rille - Fullerscope

CraigT82

Got a couple of vids last night around 9.30pm but the seeing was pretty poor and only bothered processing this one. Found it hard to focus even with the red filter.

My intended target was the lava dome to the SE of Beer crater but that was still deep in the darkness and contrast there was very low. 

Nevertheless is was still a good first light for my new ZWO filter wheel (EFW mini). I enjoyed just effortlessly flicking between filters and comparing the views for far too long! 

8.75" Fullerscope with APM 2.7x Barlow, altair GPcam3 290m and red filter. 10k frames collected and 1k stacked. 

Cheers

Hadley Rille 30th May 20.png

• Like 10

Amazing image. I am totally blown away.  That fullerscope is a total beast.  I have been so impressed with your images of Venus and now this! 

I have been trying to get some decent images of the apollo 15 landing site for years  and I have never come close to getting anything like this. I was out last night also using a 250mm f6,3 newt and this is the best I could come up with.  Like you the seeing was poor and the wind was blowing the scope all over the place.  This was taken with a 2.5x powermate, 10% from 4000 frames using an ZWO385MC and a filter.   I wonder if i should acquire more frames?  I see you  gathered 10K.  I used 10% from 4000.

Apollo 15.jpg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Radman40 said:

Amazing image. I am totally blown away.  That fullerscope is a total beast.  I have been so impressed with your images of Venus and now this! 

I have been trying to get some decent images of the apollo 15 landing site for years  and I have never come close to getting anything like this. I was out last night also using a 250mm f6,3 newt and this is the best I could come up with.  Like you the seeing was poor and the wind was blowing the scope all over the place.  This was taken with a 2.5x powermate, 10% from 4000 frames using an ZWO385MC and a filter.   I wonder if i should acquire more frames?  I see you  gathered 10K.  I used 10% from 4000.

Apollo 15.jpg

Thanks for your comments that's very kind 👍. Comparing your image to mine I don't think there's a whole load of difference to be honest. In general everything that is visible in mine is visible in yours too.

I'd always advise more frames, for any target! I'd also advise to try different sharpening methods on each image. Generally I use both imppg and registax and see which one works best on that particular image. I always do a little extra unsharp masking in photoshop just to really crisp things up but careful not to clip any highlights doing that. 

IMG_20200531_143314.jpg