NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M101 - LRGB Short Session

A short session on M101 from last night. About 15 x 300s LRGB lights calibrated with Darks and Flats.

SW150PDS and ASI1600MM.

Really struggling with processing (as usual). This was mostly done in Astro Pixel Processor. May try again with my trial version of PixInsight.

Best thing about this session was finally getting guiding sorted out - enabling those 5 minute subs. The guiding graph looked better than the picture does! 🙂 

Comments welcome - sadly I notice that my images always look better on my monitors (even as JPEG's) and when I upload them here the result is usually terrible!

daemon 

m101-260520_2.thumb.jpg.3b822b68a5d960ff64d4238d41542e0b.jpg

• Like 8

A very good nights work (and day probably with the processing). There is a fair bit of detail and the colouring is good.

If you can persevere with PI, it takes a while, probably much longer than the trial, although i did ask for an extension and I got another month I think. Bought it now though and I love it

Steve

Thanks Steve! Appreciate that.

Yes, I am finding PI very frustrating. Not from a capability point of view though - it is clearly a cut above other apps in most areas -but from a usability perspective I have major issues with it (poor multi monitor support being just one!). However I will probably end up buying it in the end. Especially as I've already bought Warren Keller's book! Which I find is excellent by the way - better than I was expecting.

Clear skies!

daemon Steve