Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

i Phone

Hi All

I've been experimenting with my i Phone as a 'ride on' mounted on my ETX 125 tube. In particular with applications as Inclinometer , tripod levelling , Compass, GPS and a Starmap programme . I find it excellent as quick head up at a glance source of information. Its mounted close to a DFK 31 camera and the LNT mount.

Are there any reasons you think that i shouldn't ie Radiation ?

Regards

Billy

Hi Billy

Putting phones next to electronics can cause noise and glitches. But it all depends on the sensitivity and frequencies that are running.

Best thing would be to try it and see.

Would be interesting to know the result

Cheers

Danny

Hi Danny

Thanks for the reply

There doesn't seem to be any obvious interference in the tracking of the ETX or the visual output at my laptop from

the DBK 31 camera but i'm not experienced enough to detect any visual impairment. I'll probally ask Meade and the DBK manufacturer for their comment.

Billy

Hi Billy

Putting phones next to electronics can cause noise and glitches. But it all depends on the sensitivity and frequencies that are running.

Best thing would be to try it and see.

Would be interesting to know the result

Cheers

Danny

The iPhone 3G has an "aicraft" mode that turns of the phone and basically turns your iPhone into an ipod touch.

The iPhone 3G has an "aicraft" mode that turns of the phone and basically turns your iPhone into an ipod touch.

Got a Blackberry so haven't used an iphone but does the aircraft mode turn off the GPS?

Wouldnt have thought so - GPS is passive.

Archived