NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

focus or something else

The spikes being uneven leads me to believe its colimation or coma with a little focus. I think the stars are worst in the top left corner but they all seem to have an outward halo/trail.

What scope is it ?

Are you using a coma corrector or field flattener ? If yes then your back spacing to the camera sensor may be off, looks like you're too close.

Colimation can be dialled out by tweaking the mirror adjustment screws.

All relatively easy fixes.

3 minutes ago, MarkAR said:

You might need to invest in one of these or similar.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/coma-correctors/skywatcher-coma-corrector.html

Worth contacting FLO about suitability.

Grabbed this from Altair, your image is showing the stars look like the back space is too short.

Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 12.34.50.png

I dont no what you mean by back space is to short sorry 

Meant to say back focus distance, that is the distance between your camera sensor and a coma corrector/ field flattener.

As you do not have a coma corrector it is irrelevant at the moment, it's just that your stars are looking similar to the camera too close screen grab.

Most optical adjustment attachments like field flatteners and coma correctors have a standard 55mm back focus, this allows for 10 or 11mm thickness of the camera adapter plus the 44 or 45mm distance from camera front flange to sensor.