Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Outdoor storage tips?

Scoobs767

So my shed has arrived, but not yet built.  It's a plastic shed I'm going to house my 10 inch SCT, mount and tripod on wheeley bars, and roll out as needed.  I have a Geoptik telescope cover I'll put over it too. 

I wondered if there are any tips for storage to prevent damage or rust to the scope, mount, electronics, metal etc?  Should I get dessicants for example? Thanks!

Hi,

I have a Keter oakland plastic shed which i have used as a warm room and for storage of my ota for the past 2 years. Heat and humidity caused me a few problems early on but was soon rectified by insulating the roof, and replacing my old compressor type dehumidifier (it was always on defrost during cold spells) with a desiccant type. I've also installed a small extractor fan which only comes on when the internal temperature is above 27 degrees.

• Thanks 1