Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

MaximDL filenames setup

Becoming a slave to MaxImDL again, I have to sort out how it saves files. I'm used to having APT append time of capture to the filename, which is immensely helpful and I can't fathom how to set that up in MaxIm. Anyone with the knowledge?

Ah. Well, Sequence does set up a new folder for when the data capture started, but beyond that I only see the usual "File Modified" data in the windows file explorer, rather than a specific time stamp on each file. Not sure if it's possible in either Maxim or Sequence. Maybe the authors reckon the windows time stamp is enough?

Just had a look at my instance of Sequence, and the only option that I can see is where to save the files.

Edited by DaveS

Well, it messes with the workflow I have for my APT images. 

Structure after downloading images:

image.png.6e663ee14d9e0e30f704ee200c5e7ed8.png

After blinking into a folder:

image.png.e0178070aede9243f1260fe601ef8a5e.png

So yes, the file contains the information about capture time, but the file name is a bit nonsense.

Compare with what I'm used to:

image.png.d095dd95a66b7a2a0f28b128f23eb3c8.png

I miss having all that info available at a glance... 😞

Ah OK, I see what you mean now, though it's been years since I used APT, so had forgotten about the time stamp in the file name, or the version I used didn't have it then.

Don't think they bother as they expect you to calibrate and stack using Maxim and it finds all the info it needs from the Fits header.

I just add LRGB etc to the file name

Dave

1 minute ago, Davey-T said:

Don't think they bother as they expect you to calibrate and stack using Maxim and it finds all the info it needs from the Fits header.

Lol, that's a bold assumption of them. Why on Earth would I do that when I have a load of other processing programs available?

Anyways, it is what it is. I'll just have to accept it.

• Haha 1