Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Vixen 40mm Orth : Help needed

lguise

Hi,

I have a Vixen 40mm Orth which came to me with a telescope many years ago. It has a threaded end rather than a 1.25” or 2” barrel. I don’t mean anything as antique as RAS thread, a modern fine pitch. There is also a step down ring which reveals a larger female thread. See photo. Has anyone come across this before? My guess is it may thread into a special diagonal?

Any info appreciated, it looks a cracking eyepiece still unused!

90CA9ADB-3255-43A3-96F2-D58AA1B3A1F7.jpeg

Edited by lguise
Typo
  • Like 1

Hi Linton,

Dave (f15 Rules) had a 40mm Kellner almost identical and he posted it on the forum some time ago. Somebody replied that it is threaded to screw into a turret, but that is all I remember. I will have a look and see if I can find the thread.

Steve

733904-3.jpg

Edited by Saganite
  • Like 3

Many thanks gents, you put me on the right track. Once I saw the picture of the turret with the eyepiece holder removed I remembered I had an old Vixen diagonal, the holder end unscrewed and the 40mm screwed straight in!

Looking forward to trying Some low power views in the next few days

best wishes,

Linton

• Like 2