Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CEM60EC with iPolar arrived!

retret66

Out of the box, few I dont like already. The saddle needs an allen wrench to tighten because I dont trust it with my tiny fingers. USB2 and power management is useless to my setup since I dont think I can find a cable that can take 3 cooled camera and 3 dew heaters.  This will carry my tri-scope + solar. I like the CEM70 but it is still scary to buy when it is new and if there is a major flaw it is going to be a pain to return and still no info when it comes out. I can't test now because I need 3 21lb CW since I will be putting in 59lbs of payload. We shall see..

IMG_8864.jpg

IMG_8865.jpg

IMG_8866.jpg

IMG_8867.jpg

IMG_8868.jpg

IMG_8869.jpg

IMG_8872.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SyedT said:

That is an absolute beast of a setup! Hope you're not setting up and tearing down every time? 🤣

LOL, I will just leave it in the porch all year long just outside that window. I cover it with large plastic bag and I fill my wife's stocking with crystal cat litter then I put a heatrod then cover a 2nd layer using tractor mower cover. There is very low humidity inside and this works already on my other scope. I did time myself setting this up and it only takes less than 30min since I dont star align, just plain polar alignment.

Edited by retret66