Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cardboard Edge Mask for my 12”...

Captain Scarlet

I did similar a while back Magnus. Taken it off again now but it may go back on or a thinner one if the star tests don’t improve. Then again the other night it was performing great on tight doubles even with a less than perfect star test lol 🤷‍♂️

25578B41-1F2B-42F1-BFDA-CE8A4BCBDF8A.jpeg

4C114BD9-F1EB-44ED-A8DD-AFD98D6418C3.jpeg

Edited by markse68
  • Like 1

Yes in fact it's your fault ;)

Your comment on your "what a night" report caused me to go back to Suiter's book and re-read the turned edge section. My mirror and view seems to tick all the boxes: markedly different in- and out-focus diffraction rings; tight diffuse glow around bright objects, especially noticeable at high magnification; and (I think I recall this, though I need to re-test it) residual softness still detectable a long way defocused one side vs the other. I'll start off by simply putting the mask over the top of the spider so I can place it, remove it repeat while always looking through the eyepiece.