Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Click Lock Advice Please

PaulR1

I use one on my 250PX, it screws directly onto the metal draw tube once the other adapter is removed.  If wont affect coma correction or spacing.  All this will do will mean that the draw tube has to be racked in further, since the clicklock effectively takes the place of a few cm of the drawtube.  I've mine set up so that the coma corrector (baader MK1) goes right into the click lock, and the edge of the clicklock butts up against the EFW. I had to move my primary mirror up the whole way to get enough inward travel on the focuser, I do have only about 1mm space.  Since you have no EFW I don't think this will be a problem for you, and should just be a straight swop over.

thanks for that , yeah im a bit worried I wont be able to achieve focus with this gadget fitted as right now focus is a little over 1cm out. However getting a bit cheesed off with fiddling about trying to stop the camera from being a wobbly fit.

5 minutes ago, PaulR1 said:

thanks for that , yeah im a bit worried I wont be able to achieve focus with this gadget fitted as right now focus is a little over 1cm out. However getting a bit cheesed off with fiddling about trying to stop the camera from being a wobbly fit.

That does seem strange. My back focus is 17.5mm which is close to your camera which has 18mm.  I have managed to get an EFW and an OAG in between my camera and the click lock and still have 1mm to spare.  My scope is not a PDS so the focuser is probably worse in terms of being higher so you should be better off.

Photos to help:

Standard attachment with camera and EFW - lots of inward travel.  The EFW adds 21mm, so without it there would be lot of spare travel.

A7DEBEC1-8BC1-4D8D-8BCB-3FAA0D2D751D.thumb.png.0b5166fa3c0e214c5b85bc7cc564d22d.png

M54 Clicklock fitted and focused on infinity. 1mm spare travel

FC1CF9F8-50F4-4A19-A52E-E61B99AEAAB4.thumb.jpeg.f50e8ed6079fb695a0693711b13941d5.jpeg

Finally here is the spacer arrangement to allow MPCC to slide completely into focuser.

742B4B0B-A574-44F7-8F57-EB5BEA380AD2.thumb.jpeg.711ae9ce048b548dbdacc6dc1972712a.jpeg9E016272-B63F-40B8-9861-37205396A045.thumb.jpeg.86fb3aac269970d1af4add31a6f1d787.jpeg

I hope this is of some help. I can’t see how it won’t work with a OSC and a PDS scope in your case. 

Just now, PaulR1 said:

this is how far out the focuser is right now to achieve focus

image.png.f51f76e5e897aef5564c2bb3bd87cbfb.png

What is that spacer beween the other side of the focuser and the camera?  That is the space you need to use.

You need to lose that ring, and space it such that the MPCC goes right into the focuser up to the camera or even that ring, but threaded further up.

MPCC.gif

Edited by tooth_dr

4 minutes ago, PaulR1 said:

ok cool , so its possible , will sort out ordering the part :)

thanks for the help :)

No problem would you be able to post a picture of the MPCC attached to the spacer, with the camera in view, not in the focuser?

• 3 weeks later...