NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What should I do with my LX200??

5 hours ago, philipok said:

thanks Michael - just so I'm clear - the allen screw on the spring should be screwed further in, but to about 1/16" - i.e pushing the spring tighter?

Without taking my cover off and looking I can't give you any more guidance than that there must always be clearance between the worm and the wormwheel.

So adjust the allen screw to give a tiny clearance at the tightest spot when you rock the motor assembly on its pivot against the spring tension.

Michael

• 3 months later...

a mini-update on my LX200 tribulations which might give some hope for Meade users.

I bought a RVO mini-guidescope (31mm) which has frankly revolutionised my nights out.  With an old DSI plugged in it sits on top of the mount next to the imaging scope.  Since using that I've found more guide stars, used shorter guide exposures, all the orthogonality errors have gone, polar error is down to sub 1', I've PEC trained the mount, the guiding is fine (fine for Meade I guess, 2" peak to peak error).  

All this means that i can now take 200s guided subs on the Zenithstar 61.  So - all good..  😀

Highly recommend one of those mini guiders that FLO or RVO sell.