M13

Only 3 hours on this one but it was nice to start and complete an image in one session. Ain't done that for ages! I'm starting to think I need to start exposing for longer with the Canon as the red channel in this was incredibly noisy, like worse than the blue channel! Still managed to get something decent out of the data. Only 60s subs as I didn't want to blow out the Propeller.

Canon 6D 180 x 60s subs at ISO1600, IDAS D2 LPS filter

Starwave 102 ED-R at 714mm with StellaMira 1.0 flattener

iOptron CEM25P

Processed in Pixinsight with a few small Carboni tweaks at the end in Photoshop

1617714101_M13PStweaks.thumb.jpg.f384affc6c1ea61eda4e6f22b9a6ba6c.jpg

• Like 7

Nice sharp stars and a lovely image. It is showing quite a magenta tone on my screen.

If you're having trouble with that try inverting the image then do SCNR (green) lowered to 40% to 80%, then re-invert.

One thing I like about PI is that it is so versatile.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MarkAR said:

Nice sharp stars and a lovely image. It is showing quite a magenta tone on my screen.

If you're having trouble with that try inverting the image then do SCNR (green) lowered to 40% to 80%, then re-invert.

One thing I like about PI is that it is so versatile.

Thanks! Stars to the right are a bit off as I'm sure the camera has some sensor tilt. In my flatfield quad its the same, sharp stars on the left but slightly out of focus on the right. Must try and dial it out with the in built tilt adapter on the quad over the bright summer nights. Regarding the colour cast, I cant see it on this monitor but it does look different on my phone or a tablet etc. I tend to go by the numbers?

Capture.PNG

3 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Very detailed image. The 6D seems to excellent despite your concerns.  It is a little pink as Mark as pointed out. 

Thanks Adam! Maybe its just me as I do have a dose of red/green colourblind!

• Like 1