Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WO ZS73II Pinched Optics or Lens Spacers - I need help !

Hi

I recently obtained a WO ZS73II, last night I had an opportunity to use it while imaging M3.

The brighter stars in the central part of the image show some reflections of either being pinched or the reflection of the spacers. Blue star @10.00 o' clock next to M3 and Orange star @8.00 o'clock low.

Even though I did not need to use a dew strip last night I done so at a minimum temperature.

Currently I am still working out the spacing of the reducer, so I know there is coma in the larger image on the outer areas. 

I just need some confirmation do I need to arrange a return to the dealer where I bought this from ? Pinched or Spacers ? I have bad memories of something else 🥴

Thanks for your help in advance.

M3_ZS73.jpg

M3_ZS73_crop.jpg

crop.JPG

Edited by Skyline

I am not sure if anyone can answer without details. First we need what camera and reducer backfocus. Make sure you have the correct distance. If it is still look pinched, try to loosen the objective and your reducer glass..Or just blast your anti dew heater.. I all are done correctly and you still not seeing round stars then call WO