Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Plate solving with Celestron EdgeHD and OAG

b36lbx

Any Celestron EdgeHD 8 owners that can share some plate solving experience? I’ve done a test run on mine and the ASIAIR Pro continually fails to plate solve. I’m not using a reducer and for guiding I use the Celestron OAG and the asi 290 Mini. I’ve tried everything, it just looks that the fov of the edge(0.5) is way too close to the 0.2 limit of the ASIAIR pro. I was just wondering if Sharpcap or SGP are worth looking into.

Dont use C8 EdgeHD but use various other including C9.25 with Indi,Ascom and various Platesolve software si unless someone comes along with the same set up:-

Do the image(s) Platesolve in stand alone mode with  ASTAP,ASPS or even Platesolve2  (windows will do).

What happens if you change from local solving to Astronomy.net . Assuming you can connect to Internet at the same time.

What do the Platesolving logs say. 

What Index's have you got loaded (Dont know the Asair Pro but do Indi) if it uses Index's. IMO  Index's need to be slight below and above your FOV I have found.

Do you have an image,that failed, which we can test ?

For £300 I would expect that to work out of the bag with anything - Platesolving 90% of the time 🙂