NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Attach a ZWO camera to eyepiece

Marcel

Hi there,

I want to attach a ZWO camera to mij TV delos in order to get a great picture from the sun. Has anyone tips and trics? Or is it simply not working?

Kind regards Marcel

Hi Paul,

I am wondering if i get a better view with a ZWO camera attach to my eyepiece in terms of magnification. Now i am use my lunt 60 with my TV 17.3 mm. Ik gives a nice and clear view and i want the same view with a ZWO camera. Can you help me?

If the ZWO camera doesn't have it's own lens, I don't know that the Delos will project a flat enough field onto its imaging chip to get a well focused image across it.  I assume you're trying eyepiece projection rather than afocal projection, which is what you get holding a cellphone camera up to an eyepiece.  The camera's lens in that case takes care of flattening the field for you.  You'll need to find some sort of adapter to attach them since there's no thread on the top of the Delos unlike the M43 threads on top of Pentax XWs and Morpheuses.

On 22/04/2020 at 16:39, Louis D said:

If the ZWO camera doesn't have it's own lens, I don't know that the Delos will project a flat enough field onto its imaging chip to get a well focused image across it.  I assume you're trying eyepiece projection rather than afocal projection, which is what you get holding a cellphone camera up to an eyepiece.  The camera's lens in that case takes care of flattening the field for you.  You'll need to find some sort of adapter to attach them since there's no thread on the top of the Delos unlike the M43 threads on top of Pentax XWs and Morpheuses.

I got these just holding my old mobile phone over an eyepiece. It's hard work to keep it steady but you can get half decent lunar and solar images. I'm using a Lunt Herschel wedge for the solar work - always use full and proper filtering of course. You may well want better than this though. I'm not an imager usually and it shows !

sol180419detail.jpg

sol190419detail.jpg

• Like 1

Hi John,

Thankxx for your reply. I bought a ZWO asi120 colour and is expect to receive it next weekend. Your picture is nice already. I am wondering which eyepiece you used to get the picture. It seems like powerfull.

Kind regards Marcel