Celestron star pointer

Hi just a quick question..one dealer has told me with come with a suitable base plate to fit to my scope another said I need the Baader Universal Quick Release Finder Shoe / Base to fit it ?? Conflicting advise ? Can anyone advise ? 

33 minutes ago, Beardy30 said:

Hi just a quick question..one dealer has told me with come with a suitable base plate to fit to my scope another said I need the Baader Universal Quick Release Finder Shoe / Base to fit it ?? Conflicting advise ? Can anyone advise ? 

Is this for your Celestron 8SE ?

(some folks might not know what you have :smiley:)

24 minutes ago, Beardy30 said:

Yes I explained what I had but hope they should know as I bought it from them ! 

I meant folks on this forum.

If you put your scope in your signature folks who have not followed your threads will know what you have.

2 hours ago, Beardy30 said:

Isn't the Starpointer  the same finder you got with the scope? So if this is a replacement you talked about in one of your other threads, then it should go on the existing dovetail fitting (Page 7 & 8 of 8SE manual) If you want to upgrade, you will need to choose something else.

One of the first things I upgraded on my 8se was that piece of junk, I replaced it with a Telrad finder.

Once it was set up I have not adjusted since and it is always spot on.

18 minutes ago, Shimrod said:

Isn't the Starpointer  the same finder you got with the scope? So if this is a replacement you talked about in one of your other threads, then it should go on the existing dovetail fitting (Page 7 & 8 of 8SE manual) If you want to upgrade, you will need to choose something else.

No it’s a different one than what I got 

If it is the Celestron Starpointer Pro, this one:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/finders/celestron-starpointer-pro-finderscope.html

you would remove the foot part and that will leave a clamp rail that should fit onto the bracket attached to your scope that the original finder was supposed to clamp onto.

This person has fitted one to his Celestron 5 inch SCT using that method: