SW AZ EQ5 GT and a Geoptik adaptor - is nothing straightforward !!

Telescope40

Hello. Just took delivery of a new SW mount and am looking to attach to my Berlebach tripod - EQ6 fit top plate. 
Already had a Geoptik adaptor that held my Skytee nicely to a EQ6 tripod. 
Thinking to just swop the the adaptor onto the new mount and bobs your uncle. 
NOPE !!   
Please see picture. Bottom of the mount not quite sliding into the Geoptik adaptor  ( orange donut ). Is nothing straightforward. Looks like just the amount of paint on the mount maybe stopping it sliding on. 
Any advice please as don’t want to go down a “Fred Dibnah “ bodge. 
Would gently removing the paint from the bottom of the mount be the way to go ???  It’s not far from sliding on but won’t budge to where it should sit. 

A very frustrated punter .    John

5938BDC7-368A-4A52-940F-E384771382BA.jpeg

Hi, I had exactly the same issue with that adaptor when trying to mount my EQ5 on an EQ6 tripod, spoke to the supplier who said it was only specced for the HEQ5.

So I did go the Fred Dibnah route and took a dremel to the inside face of the Geoptik. 10 minutes of gentle grinding and it fits snugly.

Who is going to see the inside of the adaptor anyway :)

IMG_20200217_114044__01.jpg

Remember I had to lightly sand the mount down a bit until it would fit into the Geoptik adapter. Not a lot though. Polished up the sanded face afterwards and no one would know that it didn’t come that way. 🙂

Edited by johninderby

Cheers guys. Got there. A B&D mouse is better than Supermouse. 
Just a follow up. Looking at one of these to power it in due course. I like a mains supply. 

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/power-accessories/nevada-ps-08-6a-8a-regulated-linear-power-supply.html

Will this be a plug and play with the cigarette lighter socket used on it similar to a powertank. 
NOT the red and black connectors at the bottom of the unit. 
 Thank you yet again 

Edited by Telescope40