Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M101 HaLRGB

Rodd

I was finally able to collect a proper luminance.  Now the question becomes one of degree--do I need more luminace?  I collected 80 300 sec subs and integrated the RGB and L stacks into a super luminance.  The total hours is now is about 29.  The effect of a luminance layer was less than I had expected....but a efinite gain.  I tried very hard not to oversaturate the Ha regions.  If I do collect more lum it will have to be a lot-like another 80 subs or so.  Part of me suspects that it won't add much more.  I think I was pretty aggressive with the stretch (perhaps to aggressive) and the faint star streams on teh bottom side of the galaxy are barely visible, so I dont think more data will necessarilly bring them out.  Perhaps processing is the key.  Thats the other thing--it is very bright--maybe too bright.  But to bring out the extensions more I need to lift.  Maybe I am bumping up against my sky conditions.  I did not crop as much as previously-note the galaxy is a bit north of center--for those who pine for a wider view.

1528473530_New2andFinalb.thumb.jpg.4d31e13191bd3ba75b39a6dec8b3d8da.jpg

• Like 8