SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Extension Rod/Arm for Star Adventurer

lune lupine

Title says it all really. I have a Star Adventurer and Counter Weight Kit but I would like to extend the supplied arm a bit; I see iOptron do one for their system but can't find anything for the Star Adventurer. I am reluctant to add more weights unless totally stuck. Anybody got any suggestions? I would happily purchase if someone able to point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance!!

Regards

Can't recall what thread is on the star adventurer counterweight bar, but you could maybe purchase a longer piece of threaded rod of the same size. 

Or

Buy another counterweight  for a star adventurer? 

34 minutes ago, Bobby1970 said:

Can't recall what thread is on the star adventurer counterweight bar, but you could maybe purchase a longer piece of threaded rod of the same size. 

Or

Buy another counterweight  for a star adventurer? 

Threads a lot smaller than the bar maybe 8mm.

Dave

54 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

That's why I ended up drilling a hole in a doorstop, quicker and easy to remove.

Dave

Well. I tried drilling a whole in one of those doorstops and I'm not sure what's in them, but jeez it's hard stuff. Lol

1 hour ago, lune lupine said:

Hi Davey-T can I ask what weight your star adventurer is supporting in your rig? It looks more than 5kg that the mount is supposed to handle? 

About 6KG works alright for solar imaging maybe not so good for long exposures.

Dave

• 9 months later...