NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Really bad guiding problems since adjusting play on NEQ6 Pro

Mikyg

Here's the RA for your last guiding session:

RA17th.JPG.f672941a411b4497792c3d7ff824cc28.JPG

Earlier in the evening the Minimum Move setting was a reasonable 0.28.

But on the later runs it was 0.010 !!

That's the dotted line indicated by the red arrow, and is the threshold where guiding is applied.

So having it set so very very low meant the guiding was continuously being corrected when it didn't need to be.

Giving the very choppy result.

Calibrate at Dec zero, then run the PHD2 Guide Assistant when you have moved to your target, which will recommend guidecam exposure, and Min Move settings.

Looking at the Calibrations there has to have been a lot of adjustments in GS Server that these logs don't mention.

For instance why is the mount Calibrating East and North along the same axis, the red and blue circles, instead of at 90 degrees?

Cal17th02.JPG.3ceaf8786c204497ef0526fe81f80782.JPG

Below is your last Cal which is at 90 degrees at last - what changed, can't help if you don't say what you've changed in GS Server?

Cal has taken 34 steps instead of a more normal 12 or so.

RA and Dec Guide Rates reported from the mount are a reasonable 7.5 arcsecs/sec,  but the real Guide Rates must be a fraction of this - is there a setting in GS Server that is overiding ?

Cal17th01.JPG.6bfd12ee2202dc4a94b629a34a07c395.JPG

I think your guiding could be very reasonable judging by your last session, if you could just let PHD2 choose the settings , and also get mystery GS Server settings right !

Michael

Thanks for that Michael, i got everything running in phd then the only thing i tried was the backlash adjustment in GS.  I didnt touch any other setting. I’ll completely zero that out and try improving the back lash for phd instead. Thanks for your help Michael

19 minutes ago, michael8554 said:

The PHD2 guys say to disable any backlash comp in the mount or any other software, because it confuses the backlash comp in PHD2. 

Michael 

I see thank you, i've disabled it now so will hopefully get better performance. 

Another thing that may show in the guide log is that i set everything running in a sequence and went to bed for a few hours and when i returned the tracking had taken the mount past the view of my house so was no longer seeing stars.

Do you know of a way to check the mount movements to make sure they are running ok? maybe software for calibrating mounts etc?