Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SkyWatcher Heritage 130P tube on AZ-GTi GoTo WiFi?

Hi guys,

Just like everyone else I LOVE gazing deepsky objects, stars and nebulas! I have started with a Heritage 130P dob mount, however imaging with my Canon 600D and constantly adjusting the tube is not feasible!

I would like to move from dobsonian to AZ mount buying a tripod with a tracker (SkyWatcher AZ-GTi GoTo WiFi), but I do lack the knowledge if Heritage 130P tube can be installed on it.

Thanks for your precious suggestions! :D

The simple answer is yes, a Heritage 130p will fit right onto an AZ-GTI. Bear in mind you're still observing in alt-az mode using the AZ-GTI.

However, if you're comfortable with tech, there is an EQ flash upgrade available, a counter balance arm and weight can be attached. There's more expert people here than me who can explain how to bodge polar alignment. 😀

Also, for imaging especially, the aluminium tripod supplied with the AZ-GTI kit will be pushed to its limits. There is a stainless steel version available.

This is my 130P on my Skyprodigy mount (similar to AZ-GTI)

1081977290_GrabGOTO.jpg.0b6345088c86430ac4aad7558a6d6429.jpg

This gives an idea of a range of interchangeable optical tubes and mounts. The 130P tube will fit on all of these mounts, but the smaller Virtuoso mount will not work with the larger tubes and high altitude targets.

2103548612_Dovetail2.thumb.jpg.a58bad8e016538a5e7e147a38401507c.jpg

Geoff

• Like 1