SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

130 pds focuser

I have just fitted the skywatcher auto focus to my 130 PDS.  While it seems to work OK l feel there is a lot of play in the focus tube as though it is not tight enough. l can with just a little effort pull it in and out by hand. Everything is tight. If l remove the auto focus and revert back to manual focus no problem. Any suggestions? l have put a picture up to show the piece that can move in and out manually. l had the auto 577679531_tube1.jpg.b4c5851c9a9d840cb64c05cc37b23257.jpgfocus on a 200p and cannot remember it doing this. TIA

The degree of pull out/in resistance is a function of the pressure of the focuser shaft on the tube. If I remember correctly the tension can be adjusted by a grub screw located in the middle of the focuser block.

I think its in the same plane as the chrome thumbscrew but towards the scope body.  An Allen key is required to make the adjustment .