NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sky & Telescope's Moon Map, Laminated (Paperback)

Ferox

Can anyone tell me if this is any good, or which moon map/atlas would people recommend?

I'd like to get one that's fairly detailed, I know there are free ones for the PC but want one I can study away from the computer.

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy, I have both versions of S&T's Field Map of the Moon and highly recommend them for scopeside use. There's loads of info without being too crowded, and the laminating material connecting the quadrants is extremely durable regarding bending and temperature. After four years of use by this moonatic :) there's only a bit of wear on the corners. They also contain the libration zones, which is a real plus.

I have one sitting in a cupboard. Never had much chance to use it before I lost interest in the hobby, but I liked it. Mine is the "mirror image" version, for use with Schmidt-Cass/ Mak-Cass + refractors.

If you've lost interest, would you be interested in selling it? PM me.

BUY BUY!! I have both and they also have 'overlap' between the sectors... I used to try to use Rukl on it's own and it was very hard to find me way, with these maps I can find stuff really quickly and then use Rukl for the final location of things. Very useful for Lunar 100 hunting, especially as GOTO scopes can't help much!

Cheers

PEterW

Archived