Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Failed Meridian flip with SGP

When sequence generator pro has been conducting a meridian flip recently, it has failed at the slew part. From what I can tell, it slews a little bit (I believe just to the meridian line since it was a bit past) and stops at the meridian line instead crossing it and flipping to the other pier side. Would there be something in SGP or Eqmod that would fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Hunter

In SGP select the Menu item 'Help/View Log' and it should tell you what it's been doing and the messages it's received and the date and time they happened. Hopefully it will indicate why it has stopped and what it's waiting for.

You can view the log files if SGP is not running by looking in C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator\

Alan

Edited by symmetal

Thanks, I'll check the log. I tried to change the meridian flip time to -4 degrees hoping that the mount just didn't like going past the meridian, buy it said "your mount does not allow flip prior to meridian".

Seems a bit strange... I'll have to do more testing.