NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Kielder. Just before lock down !

Hi all,

I was lucky to be at the Kielder star party just before the travel restrictions. In fact doubly lucky as the sky was pretty much clear enough on three of the four nights I was there. Some cloud passed through and there was a tiny bit of very high stuff but very nice for what I wanted.

Here are two of my favorite images. One is Orion descending into the forest and to be honest I was almost too late ! The sky was so clear for a short while that the Milky Way came out quite detailed and bright. The bright patch to the lower right is the Zodiacal light and Venus muscling in. Details are Nikon Z6, Sigma, 14mm lens wide open, ISO 800 for 10 x 20 seconds. Stacked in Sequator as usual and tweaked in Light Room.

The second shot is the usual Polar star trail shot that's really growing on me the more I do of them. I was definitely thinking of doing a little light painting this time but as I was surrounded by other people I thought it safer not to shine white lights round the place ! Nikon Z6, Sigma 14mm lens at f2.8, ISO 800 for 90 x 30 seconds. I was going to do 2 minute shots but my timer was on another camera. This was also stacked in Sequator due to the fact it doesn't try to lighten the overall shot as some of the other trail apps do. Then taken into Photoshop for many many tweaks 😘

So that's it for the foreseeable future. 

Dave.

Orion stack 1-2.jpg

Sequator trails layers.jpg

Edited by davew
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, JeremyS said:

Splendid shots @davew

Do post some more!

That's kind of you Jeremy. I've not processed too many others as yet but did do this grab shot. On one evening some cloud came rolling in from the North and I thought it looked good for a shot. Same camera and lens and 20 seconds at ISO 800.

Dave.

DSC_2348a.jpg

• Like 3