NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help, Ekos CCD Mac

Trying to get everything working with Ekos and keep having problems with the CCD (Trius 694).

It does not seem to want to take any pictures except for getting the focus set and then it freezes.

I figured out that the Trius and GPCAM3 224c guide cam do not like both being plugged into the usb hub so the guide cam is plugged directly to my MacAir.

Could this be a glitch with Ekos or is my laptop not up to the task? Its a little old but I'm not sure if it has enough processing power for everything.

Screenshot 2020-03-28 at 12.24.56.png

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

Edited by MarkAR

Have you tried setting up a profile just connecting to the Trius?  If that doesn’t work then at least you know it’s that to blame. If it works you could add the other devices one at a time. 

PS I’m running it on Catalina and so far so good after upgrading from High Sierra. My MacBook is slightly later though and has a lightly better spec. 

Edited by Ouroboros
  • Like 1

Happy to say that I set up a Trius only profile and after a couple of attempts it connected and with a pinhole in foil I can take images and loop in both 1x1 and 2x2 binning. Doesn't like 4x4 though.

Must add that it doesn't seem to like one of my laptops usb ports.

Now to try adding the rest.

I've been contemplating a new MacBook Pro octocore i9. Don't want to spend over £2K if that doesn't work either.

Edited by MarkAR

Added everything and it all seems to be working, might just be a slightly dodgy usb port on the laptop. Had everything hooked to the powered usb hub as well.

Thanks for your advise chaps, hopefully I'll be able to make a start with this rig when the skies clear again. 

• Like 1