NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

PHD2 Calibration Failure,

Help please, 

Im getting this error message  'PHD2 Calibration Failure, RA star did not move enough' and i dont know what to do, 

The star moves west, sometimes 50steps some times 90 and back then fails ive spent 3 nights sitting in my obys achieving nothing.. i  honestly feel like im at the end of my tether with astronomy... 

I feel like i just spent so much time and money over this hobby and im getting to the point where this is no longer fun for me. im so frustrated 

I  would really appreciate and advice on fixing this guiding issue 

All the best

Craig 

P.s I do not know how to get the PHD log

Sounds like you have not entered the correct focal length of your guidescope. 

Looking at your equipment list, ZWO 60mm Guide Scope, 60mm is the aperture, not the focal length. 

Or you have the guide rate set very low, should be 50% or more of tracking rate. 

The Guide logs and Debug logs are in a PHD2 folder. 

Read a few of the PHD2 Help files. 

Michael 

Hi

The logs are accessible and can be uploaded from the help menu. Find the guide log when the calibration failed and post the link here along with details of your guide telescope , mount and camera. 

Cheers