NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Which eyepieces is better

Hi Aljouri and a warm welcome to the SGL.

At first you should just stick with the 25 and 9mm eyepieces supplied with your scope. The 25 mm will be quite satisfactory, the 9 mm not so good but usable . Learn how to use your scope and current eps. Then you will be better able to decide which others would improve your observing. As to makes of eye pieces these vary greatly in price and to get advice you will have to give an idea of your budget. Hope this helps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Aljouri, a warm welcome to the forum.  The advice above is spot on, you need to learn how to 'see' first, using a telescope for the first time is a strange experience, but get used to it before considering any further purchases.  Clear skies!

Hi @Aljouri and welcom to SGL. :hello2:

As mentioned by @laudropb stick with what you have for the time being to learn the 'scope. 

I own a Meade ETX105, (and 're-modded'), as per image below.

PIC021.JPG.317e3ab5bc2a32848d576782c9caf3ab.JPG

I use mostly Plossl's with it. I have few wide angle e/p's too... i.e. TeleVue 6mm Radian & 13mm Nagler, Meade 8.8mm UWA series 4000. Depending on your budget you could try BST Starguiders or Seben 8-24mm zoom.

• Thanks 1

On 27/03/2020 at 15:18, rwilkey said:

Hi Aljouri, a warm welcome to the forum.  The advice above is spot on, you need to learn how to 'see' first, using a telescope for the first time is a strange experience, but get used to it before considering any further purchases.  Clear skies!

thanks for the advice,, I already try and  to observe venes and the moon so my next step jupiter and saturn 😆

Edited by Aljouri

On 27/03/2020 at 17:02, Philip R said:

Hi @Aljouri and welcom to SGL. :hello2:

As mentioned by @laudropb stick with what you have for the time being to learn the 'scope. 

I own a Meade ETX105, (and 're-modded'), as per image below.

PIC021.JPG.317e3ab5bc2a32848d576782c9caf3ab.JPG

I use mostly Plossl's with it. I have few wide angle e/p's too... i.e. TeleVue 6mm Radian & 13mm Nagler, Meade 8.8mm UWA series 4000. Depending on your budget you could try BST Starguiders or Seben 8-24mm zoom.

Thanks I think I'm gonna stick with what I have till I get better 😆

• Haha 1

On 27/03/2020 at 13:36, laudropb said:

Hi Aljouri and a warm welcome to the SGL.

At first you should just stick with the 25 and 9mm eyepieces supplied with your scope. The 25 mm will be quite satisfactory, the 9 mm not so good but usable . Learn how to use your scope and current eps. Then you will be better able to decide which others would improve your observing. As to makes of eye pieces these vary greatly in price and to get advice you will have to give an idea of your budget. Hope this helps.

Thanks I believe I'm gonna stick with what I got