NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dew Heater for Canon lens

Hello all. Hope you are all well during these troubled times.

I managed to get out imaging tonight. Spent about 50 mins locating and framing the beehive cluster. Starting taking my images. About after 15 images of 60s each i noticed the images were starting to become washed out. I just put it down to maybe an increase in light pollution or something else. Any way, when i came to take my darks about an hour later i noticed my lens was all dewed up. Great, i have out in the cold for only probably 10 good images i can use out of 60.

Any way, can any one recomend a good dew heater for a canon 75mm to 300mm lens please.  

Edited by Chefgage

I use the 'Kiwi Dew Heater Strip' from Amazon.

Cheap enough, USB and seems to do the job well enough. Also has a few setting son it for temperature and how long you want it on.

I only bought it as it was cheap, but there may be better out there?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, happy-kat said:

Did you have a lens shield on or a home made dew shield, I made mine by flocking a small flower pot.

I never thought about making a dew shield for a camera lens. I do have loads of flower pots in the garage.

8 hours ago, Bagginsies said:

I use the 'Kiwi Dew Heater Strip' from Amazon.

Cheap enough, USB and seems to do the job well enough. Also has a few setting son it for temperature and how long you want it on.

I only bought it as it was cheap, but there may be better out there?

Thanks, i will take a look.

• Like 1