NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

wadas member

2STAR

Is this group on here extinct, its a shame that we do not post here, lets try and get it up and running again with contributions/chat etc.

Also, we need to seriously look at finding/going to a reasonable darkish sky together, where we are not trespassing on private proprty etc.

I am raising this as I was unable to attend the AGM.

eric

On 07/03/2020 at 21:32, 2STAR said:

Is this group on here extinct, its a shame that we do not post here, lets try and get it up and running again with contributions/chat etc.

Also, we need to seriously look at finding/going to a reasonable darkish sky together, where we are not trespassing on private proprty etc.

I am raising this as I was unable to attend the AGM.

eric

Hi Eric, yes it is a pity that we no longer use the WADAS forum on SGL. I tried to continue with it, but found I was the only one using it. I mentioned at a recent meeting that we don't seem to use any of our chat groups/forums etc. But that being said,  I don't think anyone has really managed to get out this season,  so we are struggling finding things to post about. We will have a chat in the next meeting and see about getting some momentum going within our group. Also, I agree with you about needing somewhere to meet up for viewing/imaging but the season is disappearing fast.

• Like 1

Yes Vicky, worse season in my 4 yr at this lark.

I understand why Winscar has dropped off due to some members not feeling comfortable or even safe there anymore due to the appearance of some weird characters ,  other than the usual doggin mob lol.

The site recently used at Towton wasn't bad but it was on Farmland we did not have permission to set up on,and I didnt think this was condusive to a good nights comfortable imaging.

There must be someplace within 30 or 40 mins we can find, I think collectively we could find it.

Other than that, Sutton Bank visitor car park (easy to get to)or pay £5 to use that farm about 5 mile further on but with facility and safe.

For the number of times we go out in winter the camp site is empty and for a fiver worth it in my opinion. 

Edited by 2STAR