Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Opinions on Stellarvue 130

When i google the whole name code u gave nothing really came up so i just did SV 130 ed hope this is the one you are talking about

Hi since noone who owns that scope has repiled i will give my 2 cents if u dont mind

to be clear i have NOT owned any SV scope however i have heard of them. Its not really a common brand from most Canadian dealers have but a special order only type of name brand. However alot of companies use the same lens from 2 or 3 different factories that make most of the general lens for scopes. I consider SV to be in the mid range quailty and name brand not the top but not the bottom, similar to WO.

Ok saying that i have used many scope but of couse not every kind ever made i do have about 14 as my sigature says., but also since i started the hobby in 1993 i probally have owned more then 60 to 70 scopes i would say.

It doesnt say what kinda glass is uased just a triplet at f/7 etc etc. So norm when they dont say it probally 51 or 61 glass HOWEVER as u may read that doesnt mean its bad.

What i like is they give you the test report and its a min of 95% to 99% if i recall iam going off memory. 2.5" focuser to me is more then fine unless u want a 3" for large format AP/imaging. I also like how you can also choose from another 3 focusers for the scope. buying these later is very very expensive. my large format Moonlight 2.5" dual speed was $713 in the end so its not cheap. Buying it when you order the scope should cut this down but i cant corfirm this.

To me tho it kinda almost looks and feels like the meade 6000 130mm triplet apo. i really dont see much of a difference. i did buy the meade triplet like 7 months ago. I also did look at SV, WO, ES tho too but eneded buying the meade 6000 130mm apo. Its a triplet 61 f/7 and 2.5 " rotateable dual speed R&P focuser which to me is very good for my needs.

I really have no complains on it. My eade weights 19 lbs so its abit more then the listed SV at 16 lbs but everything else looks very simliar in scope specs and could even be really the same scope different name.

Again Meade u cant upgrade to a focuser of your choose nor do you get a report stating its % value tho. 

The only really issue is price on the SV ( so ofcourse i always talk about prices where iam in canada in the forums and on youtube, and u can convert depending where you are)

Meade reg price is $3900 x tax =$4407

SV #4400 x tax = $4972

i dont really see why the SV cost bmore cause it seems to be the same UNLESS its a 53 glass but it doesnt say, and with the base model SV its their 2.5" focuser not the FT or moonlight.

I also scored and my dealer had back then only 1 meade 6000 130mm in stock (wasnt not used or wasnt a demo model) but brand new in box for $3149 x tax $3558 so this is a huge saving so i grabbed it right away.

I was very suprised and iam happy with it and would not change my mind in buying it, even compared to a sighlty smaller triplet 53 top of the line best refractor and it held its weight against it. of course i cant get into details now about that as i will probally do a video for my channel in the summer about these 2 refractors side by side BUT iam happy with meade.

so if the scopes are very silimar or the same just another suggestion save $1000 and get the meade or similar name brand is there. Iam sure the altair name is also same scope.

joejaguar

Edited by joe aguiar