Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Deep sky stacker problems!!!

wesdon1

Please will someone help me!!! I'm losing the will to live!!! Basically i downloaded a load of Lights, Flats/Bias and Dark frames to practice stacking for when i start imaging myself. The problem i'm having is DSS keeps saying "The pictures are not compatible in length, width, number of pixels, etc etc etc" and won't let me stack said pics??? It's driving me mad!! Please does anyone have a solution please!?? Thanks in advance for any help.

1 minute ago, PeterCPC said:

Can you upload an example. I am assuming that lights, darks flats and bias are from the same camera?

Peter

Yes they;re all same camera, the guy who provided them is from an online site. Here's the link- http://www.astropix.com/html/i_astrop/practice_files.html The files are Zip compressed files, if that helps ?

I'm thinking have i done something wrong to the files or do i need to change their format or something ? It's incredibly frustrating. Thank You Peter.

Well I downloaded some lights and darks and run it through DSS and got this:

I didn't load any Bias or flats. The individual images are 5208x3476 so make sure the flats and bias are as well.

I used DSS 4.2.3 so check that you are using an up to date version. Otherwise I don't know what to suggest.

Peter

Test.jpg

7 minutes ago, PeterCPC said:

Well I downloaded some lights and darks and run it through DSS and got this:

I didn't load any Bias or flats. The individual images are 5208x3476 so make sure the flats and bias are as well.

I used DSS 4.2.3 so check that you are using an up to date version. Otherwise I don't know what to suggest.

Peter

Test.jpg

Thanks so much peter. I am assuming then that i can stack just the lights and darks, with necessarily stacking bias and dark flats aswell, should i not want to ? ( Just to try simplify things ? ) My problems seem to start when i try stacking bias frames ? Thanks again for help Peter, i'll let you know how i get on sir. Wes.